Tuesday, September 23, 2008

#5 The introductions of different people (stubc08)

Introductions can say a lot about a person. If I was introducing myself I would say,"Hello, I'm Lucy Carlyle, and you are.." How the person responds really sets the tone for how they would like to be addressed and how they would like for you to think about them. If someone said, "Hello, I am Mrs. Walters", they would want you to call them Mrs. Walters. If they do not want for you to call them by their first name, they obviously are not very close to you and do not want your relationship to be on a relaxed level. If you call someone Mrs. W or Mr. G, then you still are showing respect for them, but in a more relaxed way. You are obviously somewhat close with them and they do not mind. If you call someone Mrs. Susan or Mr. Jim, then they are very close to you and don't mind, thats also still respectful, but at a very comfortable level. Finally, if you call someone Susan or Jim, you are obviously friends or family friends in which they don't really care and they feel more like friends to you, instead of feeling superior.
So, lets recap. If you call someone Mrs. King or Mrs. Walters, it is the most respectful and the most professional. If you call someone Mrs. W or Mr. G is still respectful, just more relaxed. Mrs. Susan or Mr. Jim, it is usually what you call someone when you are close. And Susan or Jim is the friendliest and most relaxed of them all!

1 comment:

Wendy Bottom said...

WOW!!! What a paper, i enjoyed reading your paper. I really enoyed the advices, especially the one for the athelete. Since i am an athelete and have wanted to get into acting but athletics up to much of my life, so i can relate to this person. You came out with good advices that i realized are very true. I enjoiyed the conversation alswell how she was wondering why she likes plays, and she told her why, i loved it!!! I love plays! I also liked your introduction becuase it was telling me everything that was going to be in your paper, Congrats on a paper well done!