Sunday, September 21, 2008

Genre #4 (Script)

A coversation between Rose Oliver and Cooper Madison in the school hallway. Last day of school.

R: We are finally free!
C: Haha! I know, goodbye homework, lunchroom food, and lockers, hello sleeping until noon, getting a good tan, and the smoothies with the little paper umbrellas, I love those things.
R: Okay, so this summer we can head to New York City for a week and shop. Oh and Grease is playing, so we can check that out. The last three weeks of summer, though, are dedicated to my one true love. THE BEACH!
C: New York City sounds great, but I might have to 86 the beach. I'm busy those three weeks.
R: (looking in shock) why? no you cannot, please no. WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
C: Well, I'm thinking about doing a play.
R:What?
C: I really want to do it. It's called Fiddler on the Roof. I don't know that much about it, but I bet it will be fun. And if it's not, I will make it fun. You know, give it the Cooper Madison touch (gives a huge smile). Hey maybe you could audition, too.
R: Oh Please, why on Earth would I want to COMPLETELY WASTE my summer dancing around in tu-tus and singing songs?
C: Well, we don't wear tu-tus and it's actually really fun. Some other people from school are doing it.
R: Are you serious?
C: Serious as a heart attack.
R: I've never understood why you liked to do those things. Plays, I mean. But if you really want to, I guess I could get my mom to reserve the beach house for the three weeks before the play starts and we could hang out.
C: You are my best friend.
R: Hey, I try.
Cooper shakes her head.
R: So what color tu-tu are you wearing again?
They both laugh and walk away.
---------------------------------------------------
12 years later at the Oscars

Announcer: and the Oscar goes to (drumrole) COOPER MADISON FOR BEST ACTRESS.
C: Oh my gosh (almost in tears). This is unbelievable. Thank you all, thank you. I want to thank the producers, God, mom and family, and all the little people. You are the future! There is one special recognition I would like to make, I want to thank my best friend Rose Oliver for always believing in me. She gave up her beach time for me, and I love her like a sister. Thank you all and have a nice evening! (Kisses the Oscar and walks off)

No comments: