Monday, September 8, 2008

Performing in Fiddler on the Roof =]

Dear Reader,
This paper is an exploration of many genres of writing. I will be using an advice column, a brochure, a recipe, song lyrics, and a poem to show many views of what it was like to perform in Fiddler on the Roof. I will also have an excerpt of the program and a few quotes to include.
Fiddler on the Roof, may I add, has not been the only play in which I have performed, but it has had a special meaning to me since the auditions. It was a play done over the summer. "Why would I waste my summer?", you ask. Well, the answer is quite simple. Acting is something I love to do, so any time I get the chance, I go for it. Also, there was a great director and I knew the entire cast, so I felt very comfortable. Being cast as Golde, a main character, taught me many lessons as I went along, and I hope to explain them throughout this exploration of writing.
I hope that I an put as much fun and energy in this paper as I had doing the play. So, ladies and gentleman, please turn off your cell phones and enjoy the Lucy Carlyle remake of Fiddler on the Roof.

Genres
1. My first genre will be an advice column. Here I will help someone with a drama related problem that they are having.
2. My second genre will be a brochure/pamphlet. I will be encouraging people to come see Fiddler on the Roof
3. My third genre will be a recipe. Here I will show the "ingredients" of what makes a good actor/actress.
4. My fourth genre will be a script. Here I will show lines from Fiddler and make up my own.
5. My fifth will be a poem. Here I will be talking about the thrill of being on stage.

4 comments:

Peter Johnson said...

good job lucy good work

seymour spell said...

good job. lucy! really nice work. especially your genres and your introduction. i really like it.

Blair Waldorf said...

i really liked your different genre choices i though they were good i hope i get to read this when your done.
xoxo,
Blair Waldorf

Holden Caufield said...

hey lucy! first off- i saw fiddler on the roof, and i thought you were amazing! so the intro looks really good! nice job using sublime words and phrases, i thought that was really good! i can't wait to read the rest of your story!